Post-Lockdown Body Language Quiz
Post lockdown, we are getting used to the new normal – communicating with people behind masks. Take your short quiz to see how ready you are to understand what people with the mask on are expressing through their body language.
Question 1: Let’s begin with the easiest question first! Who among the four people in this video starts laughing first?
Question 2: The female, after receiving her parcel, shows a facial expression which is mostly hidden behind the mask. Can you partially spot what it was? What could she do with her body language to convey the same thing using a more effective gesture?
Question 3: Here again we see interaction of the female with the delivery person. She gets her timing incorrect in the body language signal which she uses to acknowledge the delivery man. What is that?
Question 4: The friends are trying out different poses for selfie. They don’t seem too happy as their expressions are being hidden by the face mask. Why is the flicking back of hair by the female with black hair effective for her selfie?
Question 5: Is the female here having any facial expression while conversing? If yes, is it effective?
Question 6: There are two females in this video who adjust their masks while interacting with each other. Imagine they are actually in the workplace, speaking with their senior or client. Whose manner of adjusting the mask is better? Why?
- The man with the blonde hair.
- The polite smile which she gives is 80 per cent hidden by the mask since for this type of smile, only our lips are used and those are hidden behind the mask. She should verbally thank or nod – those are more effective ways of thanking with the mask on.
- The female does not acknowledge the eye contact made by the delivery man. She looks at him but her timing is late. In any situation, the person with more authority is the one acknowledges the other person. In this case, it is the female. If she wanted to acknowledge him, she should have been observant of his eye contact and looked back at him.
- The female with black hair flicks her hair to the back. This effectively removes a barrier in the picture. Effective since the mask is already a barrier.
- Here the female has knitted eyebrows. While there are lots of facial expression combinations possible with the knitted eyebrows, most of them would be hidden behind the mask. It is utmost important to avoid knitted eyebrows since only those when observed signal that the person is concerned or stressed.
- The female with the white top has a more effective way of adjusting her mask as she does this from the side. This helps to reduce barriers between yourself and the person you are communicating with. Highly useful tip since till we all get used to wearing a mask on all the time in a social gathering, we would want to keep adjusting the same.
Liked our quiz? Be sure to pass it on to your friend who would benefit from these tips!